Before submitting a transfer request from your AccountCenter, please ensure to perform the following steps at your current domain registrar:
- Unlock your domain
- Obtain the EPP (transfer) code
- Ensure that you have access to the registrant email address
You can find instructions on how to unlock your domain and obtain a transfer code from some more common domain registrars below:
Once you’ve unlocked your domain name and gotten the domain transfer code, follow these steps to transfer it to your Skystra account.
1) Log in to your AccountCenter.
2) Click on Domains from the left hand menu, and then Transfer Domains to Us
3) Enter the domain name you want to transfer (without www.), and the domain transfer code (also known as transfer code) into the Authorization Code field:
4) Click the Order Now button.
5) On the next screen, adapt the nameservers or leave the default Skystra nameservers.
6) Click the Continue button and then Checkout button.
7) Once your payment is processed, the transfer will start automatically.
Please allow up to 7 days for your domain name transfer to complete. Once it is in your Skystra account, you will find your domain name by clicking Domains from the left hand menu and then My Domains.
Important: To avoid any issues with domain transfer, please make sure to submit the transfer request at least two weeks before the expiration/renewal date as domain transfers can usually take up to 7 days. Otherwise, your domain can be disabled if it expires and it’s not yet transferred.