To create a new FTP account with a unique username and password, log in to your cPanel control panel. Click here for instructions on how to get to cPanel.
Next, click FTP Accounts under the Files section:
Add FTP Account
On the next page:
1. Fill in your username (can be anything, in our example, we’ve used ‘username’).
2. Select the domain from the drop-down menu.
3. Generate or type in a strong password.
The password generator always gives you secure passwords:
4. Input the directory you want this FTP account to have access to (usually it’s always public_html directory).
5. Set a quota for the FTP account – a fixed number, or unlimited (by default, it’s best to set it to unlimited).
Once ready, click the Create FTP Account button to save the changes.
Once completed, you will see a confirmation message, and you’ll be able to see the new FTP account under the FTP Accounts section:
That’s it! You’ve now created an FTP account. To use your new FTP account, follow the steps in our How to connect to FTP using FileZilla guide.