Website verification on Google is a process that confirms you are the owner of your website. This proves domain ownership and allows you to access tools within Google’s Search Console to optimize your website’s presence in Google search results.
If you’d like help to get your website verified via Google, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Skystra customer portal
2. Click on Services from the menu
3. Click on View Available Addons from the Actions list
4. Locate Google Website Verification and click on the Add to Cart button (Note: The /ot next to the indicated price refers to one-time, as in a one-time payment)
5. Complete the checkout process
6. Our team will get in touch on next steps
If you’d like to complete your Google website verification on your own, follow these steps:
1. Go to Google Search Console
2. Click on the Start Now button
3. Sign in with your Google Account (normally your Gmail email address). If you do not have a Google account, you’ll need to create one by clicking on Create account and following the sign-up process.
4. Once signed into Google Search Console, you’ll get a screen Welcome to Google Search Console screen. In the Domain square, enter your domain name and click the Continue button.
5. You’ll get a Verify domain ownership via DNS record popup. In the 1) Instructions for: click the ▼ dropdown and select Any DNS provider (Note: Even if you are using Cloudflare, still select this option)
6. The Verify domain ownership via DNS record popup will update automatically, leave everything default and click the Copy button on the 4) Copy the TXT record below into the DNS configuration row
7. Paste down your Google Site Verification TXT record on a secure note on your computer, or password manager app. Now, leave your page open on the Google Search Console screen and open up a new browser window.
8. Log in to your hosting control panel
IMPORTANT: You can manage TXT records from your hosting control panel if you are using the Skystra nameservers on your domain name. However, if you are using an external DNS and/or CDN provider (Cloudflare, etc.) on external nameservers – your TXT records would managed at that provider.
9. From the top menu, next to the Domain: field and select the domain name you want to manage
10. Click on the DNS Zones button
11. Click the Add Record button
12. Select TXT from the Record Type dropdown
13. In the Value field, paste in your Google Site Verification TXT record (you do not need to modify any other fields here, only paste in your TXT record). Once you’ve pasted in the record, click the Add button
14. You will now see the Google Site Verification TXT record on your DNS entries
15. Return to your Google Search Console window, where the Verify domain ownership via DNS record screen is and click the Verify button
Note: DNS changes may take some time to apply. If Google Search Console doesn’t find the record immediately, wait a day and then try to verify again.
16. If the TXT record has propagated on Google’s servers, you will get an Ownership verified confirmation message. You can click GO TO PROPERTY to manage your website on Google Search Console.