AWStats is software for analyzing server logs, offering insights into website traffic, popular pages, and visitor locations.
To use AWstats, your domain must be pointed to our network and connected to your hosting account.
You can access AWstats from your hosting control panel.
1. Log in to your hosting control panel
2. Click on the Account Usage button
3. Locate your website’s domain name and click directly on it
4. The next page will display AWstats for your website, where you can sort reporting periods by month, day, and hour. Key data, including unique visitors and number of visits, is prominently summarized at the top.
Here is a general overview of key data points:
- Unique visitors represent the number of distinct users who have viewed your website during a specific period, regardless of how many times they visited
- Number of visits indicates how many times your website was accessed by users, with multiple visits possible from the same user
- Pages refer to the total number of individual web pages viewed by visitors, giving insight into your website’s effectiveness
- Hits represent the total number of requests made to the server during a visit, including loading images, scripts, and other elements of a webpage
- Bandwidth measures the total amount of data transferred from your website to visitors, indicating how much bandwidth resources were used to serve your website online
5. You can continue to scroll through the AWstats report page to get summaries on a range of metrics collected for your website on for the selected time range.
While AWstats can offer insights into your website metrics, you should also consider using Google Analytics. If you have a WordPress website, it’s easy to integrate Google Analytics with your website using the Site Kit by Google plugin.
Here are the benefits of using Google Analytics:
- User Behavior Insights: Google Analytics provides deeper insights into user behavior, journey mapping, and on-page interactions, which the AWstats software may not capture in detail
- Integration with Advertising: Google Analytics integrates with advertising platforms like Google Ads, enabling tracking of campaigns and ROI (Return on Investment)
- Real-time Data & Advanced Segmentation: Google Analytics offers real-time data tracking and the ability to segment users based on a variety of factors, giving more granular insights into visitor demographics and behavior