You can convert your staging website to your live website once you’d like the staging website to replace the website version currently live for your domain name.
→ The staging tool is only available for WordPress websites
→ Creating a staging site from a WordPress website built with Oxygen Builder, Elementor, or any other WordPress builder and/or plugin that stores website components, including images, CSS, links, or any other aspect of the website in files instead of a database will result in discrepancies between the original website and the staged copy. If this happens, we advise you to consult with a WordPress website developer.
→ Staging websites are a complimentary feature and developer tool – troubleshooting errors arising from converting a staged WordPress website to your live website would require the assistance of a WordPress website developer
1. Log in to your hosting control panel
2. Click on the WordPress Manager button
3. Locate your WordPress staging installation row and click the down arrow V
4. Click on the Push to Live button
5. At the top, double check the website indicated next to Current Staging site will be pushed to your live site :
6. Once reviewed, click the Push to Live button
7. On the Congratulations, the site was successfully pushed to live – you will see the WordPress administrative URL – you can use this URL to login to your WordPress admin dashboard (use the same login credentials as always). Alternatively, you can click the Return to WordPress Management button and then the Login button next to your website to sign in.
8. Load your website on a new browser window to do a review
9. Once reviewed, return to your WordPress Management dashboard
10. Locate your WordPress staging installation row and click the down arrow V
11. Click the Remove button
12. Check the Remove Directory box
13. Check the Remove Database box
14. Check the Remove Database User box
15. Click the Remove Installation button
16. On the Are you sure you want to remove this installation? click the OK button
This will remove your old staging website. If you’d like to re-stage your website again down the line, use the create staging website guide.