You can add a domain name to your hosting account from your hosting control panel to connect it to your service.
If you already have a multi-domain hosting plan but your domain name is not registered, go directly to Section 2.
If you already have a multi-domain hosting plan and your domain name is registered, go directly to Section 3.
Section 1: Verify your hosting subscription type
If your existing plan is for single-domain hosting, you can either subscribe to a new hosting plan, or upgrade to a multi-domain hosting plan.
Subscribe to a new hosting plan
1. Go to the skystra.com website
2. Subscribe to a new hosting plan
Upgrade existing plan to multi-domain hosting
1. Log in to your Skystra customer portal
2. If you have multiple hosting services, select the correct one from the dropdown. If you only have one hosting service, it will be selected by default.
- Click on the Upgrade/Downgrade button
- All plans listed will be multi-domain, pick one and click its Choose Product button to complete your upgrade to multi-domain. The upgrade is automatic and your hosting subscription is now multi-domain enabled.
Section 2: Register your new domain name and/or update nameservers
1. Log in to your Skystra customer portal.
2. Click on Domains from the main menu
3. Click on the + Add New button and follow the prompts to register your new domain name
4. If you register your domain name on your Skystra portal, your domain name’s nameservers will be setup for you and accessible instantly. If registered on your Skystra portal, you can go to Section 3.
5. If you’ve registered your domain name at an external provider, update to the Skystra nameservers and allow up to 24h for propagation after the updating nameservers before moving to Section 3.
Section 3: Add your new domain name to your hosting account
1. Log in to your hosting control panel
2. Click on the Domains button
3. Click on the + Add New button
4. Type in your domain name next to the Domain: field and click the Create button
5. You’ll get a confirmation message and then see your new domain name listed
6. Make sure the nameservers on your new domain name are updated and pointed correctly