SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) is a secure method for transferring and managing files between your device and hosting account.
To connect your device to your hosting account using SFTP, you need a file transfer application and your hosting account login credentials.
1. Download and install a file transfer application on your computer if not already done. FileZilla is a recommended free and user-friendly option.
2. Find your hosting control panel username and note it down somewhere secure
3. Reset your hosting control panel password and note it down somewhere secure
4. Open a new session on your file transfer application and put the credentials below into each field:
Important: The order and naming of fields will vary depending on the file transfer application.
- Hostname (Server Name): Your domain name*⚠️
- Username: Your hosting control panel username
- Password: Your hosting control panel password
- Port: 22
⚠️*Note: Use your domain name as the SFTP hostname (server name) only if it points to our network via the Skystra nameservers. Otherwise, with external nameservers or a CDN provider like Cloudflare, use your hosting account IP Address as the hostname.