SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) is a method to securely move files between your computer and hosting account.
SFTP can be used on any file transfer app, such as FileZilla.
To connect to a file transfer app using SFTP, follow the steps below.
1. Locate your hosting control panel username
2. Reset your hosting control panel password
3. Open your File Transfer app and input the following credentials into each field*
*Note: The order these fields appear in will vary depending on file transfer app used.
- Username: Use your hosting control panel username
- Password: Use your hosting control panel password
- Hostname: Use any domain name connected to your hosting account and pointed to our network.*
- Port: 22
*Note: If your domain name is using a CDN provider (ex. Cloudflare), you cannot use the domain name in the Hostname field, and will instead have to use your hosting account’s IP Address.