An MX record, or Mail Exchange record, is a part of your domain’s settings that directs email to the servers that are set up to handle your email traffic.
You can manage MX records from your hosting control panel if your domain name is using the Skystra nameservers. By default, your MX records are set to use the complimentary email on your Skystra hosting service, therefore you’d only update your default MX records to use an external email service. As a note, if you are using an external DNS and/or CDN provider (Cloudflare, etc.) on external nameservers – your MX records would be managed at that provider.
IMPORTANT: If you are using the Skystra nameservers on your domain name with Google Workspace or Microsoft 365 – please visit the Google Workspace email or Microsoft 365 email guides respectively to learn how to enable those MX records.
1. Log in to your hosting control panel
2. From the top menu, next to the Domain: field and select the domain name you want to manage
3. Click on the MX Records button
4. You will see an MX record listed for your domain name. To edit the existing MX record, click on the pencil icon to the right-hand side
5. In the Value row, update the numeric value and the MX record and click the Save button
6. To add a new MX record, click the Add Record button. In the Value row, update the numeric value and type in the new MX record in the empty field, click the Save button.
7. Under Options, uncheck the box next to Use this server to handle my e-mails. If not, change the MX records and uncheck this option. and click the Save button.