A CNAME record, or Canonical Name record, is a DNS entry that redirects traffic subdomains to another domain or platform.
You can manage CNAME records from your hosting control panel if your domain name is using the Skystra nameservers. However, if you are using an external DNS and/or CDN provider (Cloudflare, etc.) on external nameservers – your CNAME records would be managed at that provider.
Add new CNAME record
1. Log in to your hosting control panel
2. From the top menu, next to the Domain: field and select the domain name you want to manage
3. Click on the DNS Zones button
4. Click the Add Record button
5. Select CNAME from the Record Type dropdown, type in the Name and CNAME entry in the Value field, then click the Add button
6. You will now see your CNAME record listed on your DNS zone entries. Look under Type and locate the CNAME to see your newly created entry.
Edit existing CNAME record
1. Locate your existing CNAME record
2. Click the pencil icon on the right-hand side ✏️
3. In the Value field, delete the existing entry record and put in your new value
4. Once you’ve put in your new value, click the Save button