You can provide access to your hosting account using a tool called User Management. This is a helpful and secure tool for providing website developers, website designers or any external user access to your hosting account.
1. Log in to your Skystra customer portal
2. Click on your profile name at the top right and from the dropdown, click on User Management
3. You will see your own user listed by default. To add the new user, click on the Invite New User button.
4. You will get a Invite New User popup screen. Type in the user’s email address. By default, All Permissions will be selected (this provides full permission), however depending on the user you’re providing access to, you can also click Choose Permissions to select which user permissions to provide.
Once you click Choose Permissions – you will get a dropdown with a series of permission levels. Normally, you will use this tool to provide access to your hosting account only – to do that, check the boxes next to the following permissions:
- View Products & Services – View access to products, services and addons
- Perform Single Sign-On – Allow single sign-on into services
There are additional permissions you can select for your user, however these two will provide access to your hosting account(s) specifically. Once ready, click on the Send Invite button.
5. Your user will now receive an email with an invite request at the email address you sent their invitation to. They have to click on the Accept invitation link in the email they receive to register their account. Once they’ve register their account, they will have access to your hosting account to perform their tasks.