If you are using the Skystra nameservers on your domain name and want to connect your domain name to Shopify, use the steps below.
1. Log in to your Skystra hosting control panel
2. If you have multiple domain names, click on your domain name next to the Domain: field to select the one you’d like to manage from the dropdown
3. Click on the DNS Zones button
4. You will see a series of A records listed (look for A under the Type column, these are A records). Locate your domain name’s main A record entry, which is the A record for the full domain name.
6. Click on the pencil icon to the right-hand side of the main A record to enable editing
7. In the Edit Record popup, delete the existing IP address in the Value field and paste in the Shopify IP address:
8. Nothing else requires modification on this popup, only the IP address. Click the Save button.
9. Back on the main DNS page, locate the A record for the www. entry. Tick the box to its left.
10. Click the Delete button
9. Click the Confirm button on the Delete DNS record popup
10. Back on the main DNS page, click the Add Record button
10. On the Add Record popup:
- Select CNAME from the Record Type dropdown
- In the Name field, type in: www
- Leave the TTL as default (no change required)
- In the Value field, delete the existing value and paste in: shops.myshopify.com.
11. Click the Add button
12. Log in to your Shopify customer portal
13. Click on Online Store and then on Domains
14. Click on Connect existing domain and enter your domain name
15. Follow the prompts provided by Shopify to verify the connection
Once DNS are updated, it can take anywhere from a few hours to 24h for the Shopify DNS to take effect on your domain across the internet.