Welcome to WordPress Hosting by Skystra!
This guide will help you get started on your new WordPress Hosting service.
How Do I Login to My Client Account?
You can log in to your account directly from our website through the Sign In button at the top right corner.
Your username is always the email you used to sign up and the password is the one you set at sign up.
If you forgot your password, you can click Forgot Password and get a new one by email.
Your client account provides all the information that you need about your hosting account and allows you to manage all aspects of it.
You can see all active services and domains you own, pay or view invoices and contact our support team.
How Can I Get to My WordPress Dashboard?
Your WordPress Hosting service comes with a cPanel control panel that lets you manage your service.
Click here for instructions on how to get to cPanel.
However, you can log in to the WordPress Manager directly via AccountCenter Client Area, just click the WordPress Tools option under the Quick Shortcuts section once you select your service:
This will take you directly to your WordPress Manager where you can install and manage your WordPress applications:
If you click the Login button in the middle of the screen, you'll be logged into your WordPress dashboard:
This is the most straightforward and easy way to access your WordPress dashboard.
You can also log into your WordPress dashboard by going to yourdomain.com/wp-admin (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name).
You’d set up the Admin username and password from the main Softaculous screen, next to your WordPress installation, click on the little pencil icon:
On the next page, scroll down to the Admin Account section and set a username and secure password.
Here’s an example:
Then, make sure to scroll all the way down and click on Save Installation Details:
That will save your username and password you can use to then log into yourdomain.com/wp-admin and get to your WordPress dashboard.
Once you're logged into your WordPress dashboard, you can start building your website.
Here's what your WordPress dashboard will look like once you log in:
How Can I Build My WordPress Website?
We're glad you asked! We've prepared a series of guides to help you create your new WordPress website in various scenarios, and you can find them below.
- How To Configure And Use A WordPress Website - This is a detailed guide on how to configure and then use your brand new WordPress website
- How To Build An eCommerce Store With WordPress - This guide explains how to create your online store from scratch
- Creating An Education Website With WordPress - This is a detailed guide on creating an educational website using WordPress software
- How To Create A Membership Platform Using WordPress - This guide explains how to create a membership platform from scratch
- How To Create A Job Board Using WordPress - In this guide, you'll learn how to create a job board using the WordPress software
- How To Create A News Site On WordPress - This guide explains how to build a news site on WordPress
- How To Publish A Podcast On WordPress - In case you're into podcasting, this guide will help you get up and running on our platform
Advanced WordPress Features
If you click the arrow on the right-hand side to expand the view for your WordPress installation, you will see additional features that allow you to create a staging website, cloned website, or create a backup.
Staging is beneficial if you want to test your website changes or see if the core/theme/plugin update potentially breaks your website.
Cloning allows you to clone your entire website under a different domain name.
You can use that as a base for a new website or test additional features/changes without affecting your main site.
You should always have backups in case of anything, so these articles explain how to backup and restore your WordPress installation.
Caching is very important as it significantly speeds up your website, positively affecting SEO and your visitor's experience.
Optimize Your WordPress Website
These aren't mandatory, but we strongly recommend going through these articles to help you learn more, optimize, and strengthen your WordPress website.
How To Optimize WordPress For Better Performance - This guide will help you optimize your website as much as possible to gain the best speed results.
How To Make Your WordPress Site More Secure - This extensive guide will help you understand how to secure your website against potential attacks properly.
How Do I Set Up My Email?
Setting up the email is very straightforward.
Log into cPanel and then follow these steps:
- Click on the Email Accounts under the Email section.
- Click the Create button at the top right corner.
- Create an email username and password
- Set your quota to unlimited
- Click on the Create button
Here’s an example of everything filled out:
How Can I Access My Email Inbox?
To access Webmail, log in to your cPanel control panel, and click on the Email Accounts option under Email section:
Then, click the Check Email option next to your email address:
A webmail application will then open in a new window:
Quick Security Tips
Here are some quick security tips from our team:
- Make sure your passwords are not easy to guess. Use password generators when available.
- Make sure your passwords are not all the same and include special characters that are hard to guess.
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) anywhere you can.
- Make sure that your WordPress version is always up-to-date, including any themes or plugins you use on it.
That’s it! We hope this guide helps build and manage your online presence on your WordPress Hosting service.